Sunday, July 10, 2011

My First Coopers Bottling Day

G'day!

Well, the Lager sat in the darkened spare room for 7 days. Which made today... Bottling Day!

Not much to report here, as the process is pretty simple. I sanitized the bottling wand that comes with the kit and then inserted it into the spigot. I have heard a lot of positive things about the Mr Beer bottling wands and was anxious to use the one for my Coopers kit.

*side note*- I do not have a bottling wand for my Mr Beer kit yet as I have to get to the US to pick one up-

So, with the wand inserted, I grabbed my first PET bottle that came with the kit, put two "carbonation drops" in the bottle and then put the wand in the bottle and held the bottom of the bottle against the tip of the wand.
This is where the genius of the wand comes in to play... Once the bottle was full to the top of the neck, I simply let the bottle drop a little bit and the beer stops flowing! AUTOMATIC STOP! I LOVE this bottling wand!
Anyways... half an hour later I had 30 bottles of Coopers Lager filled and capped. Now I just have to wait a minimum of two weeks for it to ferment in the bottles and then we'll see just how well I did.

*Fingers Crossed*

Oh hey... I almost forgot.... I used the hydrometer that came with the Coopers kit and... Original Gravity was 1.055 and Final Gravity was 1.012. So, if my math is correct, the ABV should be 5.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment